!Activists. Click for EMPOWERMENT!
In the positive sweep of global history, the current version of civilisation will transform significantly, one way or another, before 2080, including unprecedented levels of planetary upheaval which must be planned for. Look at the evidence. The Epic Tomorrows of Earth activist blog, business and community is the beginnings of one particular kind of response. Networking with other activists, entrepreneurs and crisis responders, we are constructively optimistic about the form that will be taken by the next global civilisation. Join us in taking responsibility for the Crisis. Response. Evolution.
Pick a future, click on a future:
1) Things are getting better -global economic growth and technological progress with improved well-being for all
2) We’re all doomed!
3) We’re on the edge of apocalypse, but science and technology will save us.
4) Humanity is ascending to a higher realm -all we have to do is think positively and love one another.
6) The masses of the world will rise up spontaneously to bring an end to the capitalist industrial system by taking control of the means of production
7) Something else. Write your future here.
8) Hybrid futures.
1) Whatever the future, relocalisation is a desirable and practical part of it. Epic global crises demand epic local responses.
2) Whatever the future, the power and number of large corporations must be diminished.
“The so-called War on Terror is a cover for increasingly desperate moves to control the world’s dwindling oil supply”
– Julian Darley, visionary sociologist and environmentalist
“Whatever our faults, we surely have enlightened Gaia’s seniority by letting her see herself from space as a whole planet while she was still beautiful”
– James Lovelock, visionary scientist
“The claim that centralised industrial agriculture is the only way of feeding a large population is about as scientific as a belief in Creationism”
– David Fleming, visionary economist
“We live in capitalism. Its power seems inescapable. So did the divine right of kings. Any human power can be resisted and changed by human beings. Resistance and change often begin in art, and very often in our art, the art of words.”
– Ursula K Le Guin, visionary writer