Email me, Matthew, at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form at the foot of the page. Engage or contact me about anything, and work with me to bring on epic tomorrows. I am open to suggestions, collaborations and co-marketing initiatives (inter-weaving stories) to build Tribe.
Hello, my name is Matthew. I started The Epic Tomorrows of Earth (previously The Epic Futures of Earth, previously ‘Ecopanu’, previously ‘The First 13’, previously…I can’t remember) in October of 2017.
This personal blog has developed into a business blog to serve intelligent heroines and heroes of vegan and climate change activism. Is that you?
I am developing insights into your struggles as a vegan and / or climate change activist. I am mostly plant-based myself, and a climate change / ecological emergency activist with Extinction Rebellion. From my research, and if you are anything like me, it is likely that you:
- despite your intelligence, sometimes struggle with where to get the best science information from, to inform your eco-activism
- sometimes feel lonely and disconnected, in need of more connection with more like-minded activists, especially considering the negative information you process regularly
- often feel that a few people in activist groups or organisations, through no fault of theirs, seem to have a monopoly on strategy for that group or org. You have some good ideas too, and wish that you were confident or extrovert enough to develop them, voice them or act on them
- often struggle with achieving an activism -work -life balance, which can affect your well-being negatively, including experiencing ‘activist burnout’
- often feel that, despite the wonders of the internet, somehow all the information, resources and human connections available to activists are not well gathered, listed, organised or integrated enough for you to maximise your activism and well-being.
Additionally, like me you may wish to see more joined-up thinking and organising between different activist groups.
The Epic Tomorrows blog and Well Hunted, Well Gathered:
With the Epic Tomorrows blog I am starting to answer some of these concerns.
In tandem with the blog I am also developing my first product, the Well Hunted, Well Gathered activist resource directory. Well Hunted, Well Gathered contains lists of websites for activists, with cross-referencing and strategy notes. Because Google or Ecosia don’t quite give you what you want, quickly enough, do they?
You (we) have wasted too much time sifting through sites, sometimes not even knowing exactly what it is we are looking for. But with my growing activist experience and study, and a whole lot of empathy, I intend to help guide (people like) you make better decisions around research and action.
So what qualifies me to advise you on vegan or climate / eco-activism? Well, please consider the following:
- Since October 2018 I have been very active with Extinction Rebellion, including on the ‘front-line’, with experience of the police cells, and court.
- For seven years I lived off-grid in a wooden cottage self-built with my ex-partner at ‘Silent Haven’. It was an activist project built without Planning permission as a protest against ecologically and socially unjust Planning law. In the end the national Planning Inspectorate over-ruled the local authority in our favour, to endorse the dwelling and linked project. During this time I gained a grounding in ecological issues.
- Over the past decade I’ve combined my study and experience of activism, psychology, sociology, ‘sustainability issues’ and Permaculture into an emerging holistic view of the world which is now focused on providing practical informational resources for activists.
- I’m well-connected up to Bristol folk (a city big on veganism and with a rich history of activism)
Feel free to subscribe to my blog in the sidebar on the right.
Be part of the Epic Tomorrows Tribe!
For all enquiries about the Epic Tomorrows of Earth blog, community, products and services, please use the contact form below, or be brave and just email me straight: email@example.com